Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random 25

I've been tagged on Facebook by one of my dearest buds (the future "Mrs. Gavin Rossdale") with this little activity. The rules: Write 25 random facts, habits, goals, etc. about yourself. (You're also supposed to tag 25 other people included the original tagger, but I'm not feeling in guilt-inducing mood, so I'll just leave this open to anyone who'd like to participate.)

Off we go!

1. When I was younger, I wanted to add an "e" to my middle name to change the way it's spelled.

2. I dry my feet off in the shower before I touch the bathmat, because I can't stand the feeling of anything soggy.

3. I would wear sweatpants and my muckluck slippers everyday if the world wouldn't judge me.

4. I once got a police warning for "unnecessary acceleration" when I was doing donuts in a parking lot on a snowy night.

5. I broke two bones as a kid - my elbow and my collar bone.

6. Because I didn't do my physical therapy when I broke my elbow, I still can't bend my arm and touch my hand to my shoulder.

7. Feet scare me.

8. Sometimes I worry I won't like my future children.

9. I cried in first grade the first time I ever got a math problem wrong.

10. In high school, I helped a fellow yearbook staffer paint the darkroom black, and we attempted to explore the "secret passageway" that ran underneath the school. (We didn't find anything.)

11. I'd like my next big trip to be to Ireland.

12. I don't read my Newsweek magazine cover to cover; I browse through first and read the entertainment articles, and then go back and slog through the political and world news.

13. I detest talking on the phone.

14. My favorite elementary school book was Where the Red Fern Grows.

15. I played one of the Lullaby League munchkins in a junior high production of The Wizard of Oz. (Yes, many moons ago I could sing that high.)

16. I miss my dog.

17. Getting the mail is typically the highlight of my day, and federal holidays with no mail delivery chap my ass.

18. Last week I agreed to donate ten dollars to a random Washington state charity because I got confused on the phone and then felt too awkward and embarrassed to say no to the request. (See #13.)

19. My shoe size has been an 8 for as long as I can remember, yet recently I've needed size 7.5 or even 7. I think my feet are shrinking. (See #7.)

20. I'm really proud of my work as an AP teacher.

21. During college, I taught step aerobics classes at the university gym.

22. I always sleep on my side.

23. I'm typing this up to avoid doing my workout.

24. I'm powerless to stop my addiction to Cheerios.

25. I love making lists!!!

Whew - that was more difficult than expected. Who's going to be next to share their randomness?

5 comments:

keby January 29, 2009 at 3:28 AM  

Ah-ha. Now I know why you haven't called me back. ;)

ebs handler January 29, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

#26 The "dumb" sweater incident.
(I miss "our" dog too, until I can be gone from the house more than 9 hours without angst or guilt.)

Jess January 29, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

I think shoe sizes are changing as I have had that issue recently too.
JB

Anonymous,  January 29, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

#27 Does the sight of boxed mac and cheese mix still make you hurl?

TWP

Keah S July 29, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Cheers to number 10 and 15! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP