Friday, January 30, 2009

My First Real Shout-Out and Award!

Random Friday, just hanging out, getting ready to babysit tonight, and all of a sudden - wham! I get an comment on a craft post from one of my favorite bloggers! Seriously, I found this girl on WeddingBee originally, then stalked followed her to her personal blog The Sunset House, and may have developed a minor girl crush on her ever since. She has the neatest craft projects, yummy recipes, and just overall sounds like an awesome person.

So, to know that she's even seen my (desperately in need of a design revamp) blog is a thrill. But then she passed on the love with this bloggie award:


The Rules:

  1. Choose a minimum of 5 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
  2. Show the 5 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Ten Honest Things About Me

  1. I (and NavyGuy) are shocked that I've actually stuck with this blog for so long. I tend to get excited about a new hobby or idea and then lose interest soon after.
  2. I watch episodes of West Wing and Whose Wedding is it Anyway almost daily.
  3. My workout/get healthy plan for 2009 has fallen by the wayside and I'm struggling to convince myself to get back on the wagon.
  4. I'm doubting whether we should be spending so much money on the wedding.
  5. I'm frustrated with my job prospects for next year.
  6. I'm thrilled to be going home in less than a month for craft craziness!
  7. I've been avoiding doing laundry all week.
  8. I have no clue how to make coffee.
  9. I really really really want a black lab puppy.
  10. I've been trying to read Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat for over a year.
(Sorry my 10 things are a little bland; having just come up with 25 random things I'm a little low on creative info about myself!) I nominate the following brilliant blogs: Sleepy in Seattle, The Adventures of a Farmer's Wife, Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl, Yellow Bunnies, and Scrapbook Obsession. Go check them out!

Editor's Note: HistoryGirlie and other good friends have "shouted-out" to me before, but since they know me in real life, it doesn't quite count :) Still love you guys though!!!

1 comments:

Joanne Travis January 30, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Thank you so much for this honor!! You have brightened my day with this kindness and I really appreciate it. Now I'm off to think up 10 things that I love and some blogs to nominate.
Thanks again!!
Joanne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP