Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Feeding the Obsession

Anyone who knows me in real life knows I have a few ticks. Idiosyncrasies. Charming quirks.

Some call them neuroses.

Clearly, though, based on this new website - I Am Neurotic - I fall in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to crazy. The website collects submissions from readers, who spill their personal neuroses (such as, "If I get an individually wrapped candy like Starburst, I have to unwrap them all before I eat them" or "I always wear a bike helmet when cycling. Not because I am afraid of injuring my head, but for fear that if I end up in a hospital the doctor will not try and save me if I wasn’t wearing a helmet").

In that spirit, I figure it's only fair for me to share one of mine:

"I cannot step on a wet bathmat. When I exit the shower, I dry each foot off individually, and then step on the mat. I hate the feeling when the nice soft bathmat has random wet patches from feet. If NavyGuy showers first and smashes his large wet feet all over the bathmat, I have to walk around it when getting out of the shower, because putting my foot on that wet fabric makes me want to upchuck."

Step up to the plate friends... what's one of your neuroses?

5 comments:

Princess of Ales October 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

So many to mention! Well, the first that comes to mind is when I eat M&M's, I sort them by color first, and then I eat them by color in order of the fewest in the bag to the most. I also only eat one food at a time during a meal. For example, meat, THEN potatoes, THEN vegetable. No eating a bite of one thing then another. And I hate socks.

keby October 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I eat the M&M's the same way too, unless I'm really hungry then I just shove a handful in my mouth. I also eat one type of food at a time. I like socks though, especially thick, warm ones!

Rearden October 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Well, mine doesn't have anything to do with M&M's or food,but I'm obsessive about cleaning my ears. I love Q-tips!!!

ebs handler October 15, 2009 at 4:09 AM  

I am learning wwwaaaayyyy too much about the people I love! And princess...sorting takes too much time away from the eating!

the audiology girl,  October 15, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Rearden!! Don't use q-tips in your ears! It actually pushes the wax deeper in making it harder for it to work it's way out naturally like it's supposed to. If you're going to use them... try to stick to the very outer part of the ear, but not into the canal.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP