Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Update

Dare I say it people? This weekend was... wait for it...

"Legend...

I hope you aren't lactose-intolerant cuz the second half of that word is...

Dary!"

If you get the reference, you already know that NavyGuy and I finally met Ted, Marshall, Lily, Robin, and Barney, the gang from How I Met Your Mother. I caved and bought Season One when I found it for 20 bucks at Target last week. And that's where our weekend went. Calls were ignored. Chores went undone. Showering... no, we showered, don't worry.

Anyway, the show rocks. We blazed through all 22 episodes of the first season, and debated making a WalMart run at 11pm on Sunday night for the next season, but our last shred of sanity prevailed (I work Monday night anyway, so I can see if Target has it). Like all the other HIMYM fans, we love Barney, and I've most definitely taken to yelling "suit up!" at NavyGuy about fifteen times a day.

Anyone else ever lose 48 hours to a television marathon? What did people do before DVD box sets of television shows?!?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 12, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

It's about time you found that show! I loved NPH as Doggie Howser and I love him even more as Barney Stinson.

TWP

C October 12, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Hahahahahaha - wonderful! Love that you and NavyGuy were able to fall into the obsession so quickly - Brother-in-Law is so proud.

And don't allow any lingering feelings of guilt for season 1 consuming your weekend - HIMYM is worth it, and the episodes are only 20 minutes each!

keby October 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Sister is right. HIMYM is a great way to spend the weekend. I just re-watched most of the first season last weekend.

I spent a weekend watching the first season of 24. I think I watched it in 30 hours...it was ridiculous but so easy to do.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP