Monday, October 26, 2009

Newlyweds Series: Unexpected Trait

Is there a trait your husband has you never pictured him having?

His tech-savy, computer-prowess. No question. And no, it's not because I didn't think I would marry a geek - trust me, I knew that was coming down the pipe. But computers (and the myriad technology available today) just weren't such an all-encompassing part of my life ten years ago when I was dreaming about my prince charming. Think about it - when I went to college in 2000 was when I got my first computer. There was no Facebook or Twitter. Most people didn't store photos online or even have digital cameras. I checked my bank balance by calling a 1-800 phone number, and paid my bills by mailing (with a stamp!) checks. Web cam? Huh? Watch a tv show on the computer? Why would I do that?

But now, despite my mom's protests and pleas to the contrary, technology is everywhere, and I'm thanking my lucky stars that I snabbed a geek who builds his own computers, salivates over the newest technology, and loves all things electronic. Plus, his unexpected trait has influenced me greatly - you're reading Exhibit A as we speak.

2 comments:

ebs handler October 27, 2009 at 4:24 AM  

You'll all be clamoring after my electric typewriter when the internet runs its course!

Princess of Ales October 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Ability to make delicious alcohol from scratch. Never saw that coming. Can't see myself living without it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP