Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday

So my first day of "singledom" didn't get off to a roaring start as planned. NavyGuy left at 4:30am, and I had stupidly asked him to wake me up when he left so we could say goodbye... thus, my day started pretty early.

By 9am, I had progressed through several TiVo'ed shows from the week (So You Think You Can Dance, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Top Chef, and The Office... yes, I have amazing television viewing stamina). However, my shopping plan was diverted because it was nasty outside - rainy, misty, foggy, windy - just generally icky. A much better day to spend curled up on the couch, reading, etc.

I did manage to finish one project - cutting out five sets of calendar letters. TWP is making photo calendars for several of her relatives' Christmas gifts this year, and bribed me into making the month letters using my Cricut. (I was actually happy to do it, cuz I love me some alone time with my Cricut.)

NavyGuy arrived in California unscathed. Apparently, he got put on duty watch immediately upon arrival, so he spent the rest of the day shuttling people around from one airport to another (duty watch on these types of mission is less securing the base and more "general group bitch," typically revolving around chauffeuring). NavyGuy was not thrilled. But he's excited to get flying and complete some of his requirements.

Tomorrow's big excitement? I'm going to visit our puppy!!! She'll be six weeks old tomorrow, and the breeder said we were welcome to come out and play with the little ones before we officially bring her home in two weeks. If all goes well, I'll hopefully have some pics to show off... I really hope our pup likes the camera!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Woo hoo! Five sets! I hit the jackpot. Sadly, the highlight of my day. It's the little things that count though : ) Can't wait for my package in the mail!

TWP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP