Monday, October 5, 2009

Updates from Around the Globe

*NavyGuy has a HUGE test tomorrow. Basically, he has to know every tiny minute detail about the Prowler airplane. I think he's ready for it (whereas, I still have trouble differentiating a Prowler from a helicopter), however, he's uber nervous - which is cute - except, when he gets nervous he likes to tell me things about airplanes and flying and science and NOVA episodes and computers ... which is less cute.

*My sister-in-law has been attacked by germs! She has come down with not only swine flu, but pneumonia as well! I know - you can't make this shiznit up. Makes me feel bad for wallowing and carrying on for five days when I had a sore throat. SIL is surviving (girl has some good Midwestern blood in her veins), but it still stinks big time. Let's all send her some happy thoughts (and anti-bacterial wipes) so she can kick these germies where the sun don't shine.

*Brother-in-Law got a job offer from a law firm in Chicago! I'm still low on details (Sister, I probably should have asked more than, "so you guys will definitely be living in the Midwest, right?" when we chatted), but apparently this is very good news that he's been offered a job already. They won't be moving for a few years (I still don't quite understand how you go searching for lawyer jobs when you have two years of law school left...), but regardless, BIL got a job offer!!! Whoo hooo!!! That means Sister is one step closer to her dream of quitting her job to raise dogs and teach night classes in organic cooking :)

That's all I have to report for the moment - any other news, happenings, debacles, or announcements our little corner of the blogosphere should know about?

6 comments:

Princess of Ales October 6, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

No, not sister-in-law! I am traveling in CO and counselors are dropping like flies. Interestingly, everyone I know who got or has swine flu has pneumonia, too. Crazy. Tell NavyGuy good luck! I know he'll rock it. He's a way better student than he used to pretend to be.

Anonymous,  October 6, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

News from Lily: I'm rolling over from my back to my tummy! It was tough at first... that darn arm kept getting in the way. However, I kept practicing and now have it perfected! Stay tuned. I am now learning to roll over from my tummy to my back. That will be nice for mommy since I scream after 30 seconds on my tummy and she has to flip me back over... just to do it all over again in 2 minutes.

Also... Mommy updated pics on my flickr account. Check out how cute I am in my pretty Baptismal gown and my Halloween costume!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baby_lily

NatalieW October 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Good luck to NavyGuy! Did you help him with his emergency procedures? :)
Book club tonight! Hope to see you there!

Rearden October 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Nothing wrong with pretending to be a good student. Half the time, I'm just faking it anyway ;)

ebs handler October 7, 2009 at 4:00 AM  

Teacher in the room! No "faking it" talk. Hope the test went well.

Princess of Ales October 7, 2009 at 6:31 AM  

Just a reminder of the ultimate motto a la West Wing: "Fake it til you make it." If it's good enough for the Bartlett administration, it's good enough for us. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP