Monday, October 19, 2009

Newlyweds Series: Age of Marriage

Check out the first post in this series here.

When I was young, I thought I'd get married at age ___. I actually got married at age ___. This worked out better/worse for me because ___.

Let's see... my grand plan as a young girl was to get married at age 25, one year after winning the Miss America pageant. (You all can refrain from snickering thankyouverymuch.) Ha! Well, I actually got married at age 27, so I wasn't too far off, though clearly, it was not arranged based on my pageant schedule.

I think the age worked out fine. I enjoyed my years living in my own apartment after college, being independent and deciding things for myself; those early and mid-20s' years were great experiences that I would never have had if I'd gotten married earlier. But now I can't imagine anything besides being married and sharing my life with NavyGuy. We're old enough to not feel like we missed out on any opportunities, but still young enough to relish our newlywed years before we start a family.

2 comments:

Princess of Ales October 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Unlike my brother, who is living out his life-plan almost down to the month, I was just hopeful someone would want my janky @$$. The original plan with that poor guy was to get married when I was 24. I was actually 26 when the happy day occurred. This worked out better because we might have had the whole thing annulled within 48 hours otherwise. And now we're blissfully happy. =)

NatalieW October 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I actually never planned to get married, but....I got married at age 22 only 3 months after graduating college.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP