Thursday, October 22, 2009

SSB

Sex in the City fans out there might remember this acronym. It comes up in a discussion about living with a boy, and it stands for "secret single behavior." It's the stuff girls do (or, guys I guess, but it seems like girls have more of this kind of weirdness) when they live alone, or when their significant other is gone. In honor of my two week singledom, I thought I'd let you guys in on a few of the SSBs that have been going on around here in NavyGuy's absence...

*There may or may not be dinners consisting of microwave popcorn, Diet Mt. Dew, and ice cream sandwich(es).

*I definitely have taken over his side of the bed... with my stuff. Whenever he's gone (and really, for years before him) I'd use the empty space on the other side of the bed as my additional nightstand space. Since my actual nightstand is overflowing with water glasses, cell phone, books, hair tie, extra hair tie, current book, lamp, etc., it's helpful to have his side of the bed to keep additional reading materials (magazines that I'm too lazy to go put back in a decorative box intended for their storage), sundry remote controls, the house phone (wise to have a backup phone nearby in case an intruder manages to startle me and I knock my cell phone off my nightstand and it falls too far underneath my bed for me to retrieve it and dial 911...), extra pen and paper... and the list goes on and on. It's always a bit of an adjustment when NavyGuy returns and I have to figure out how to re-cram everything onto my nightstand again. (But don't worry dear, I'd much rather have you on that side of the bed than my remotes... I think...)

*There's a chance that I've spent a bit of time rewatching Glee episodes on Hulu, and/or singing along with the songs... at the top of my lungs... working my Mariah hands... and learning the dance moves.

*I snooze. I mean, I literally set my alarm for thirty to 45 minutes before I need to even think about getting up, just so I can hit the alarm clock and go back to sleep. NavyGuy hates my alarm clock and wakes up at the drop of a hat, so I try not to do it when he's around. But I just love it. I know, it's really weird. But I fall right back asleep and it's so nice to wake up, oh wait, nope! Don't have to get up yet!

Alright ladies - spill! What crazy secret single behavior are you ready to let out of the closet?

5 comments:

historygirlie October 23, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

When Farmer used to be gone for overnights with his old job, I would definitely have been known to:

1: Sleep with a ginormous maglite flashlight on his pillow, just in case that intruder missed your house and came into mine. It works great as a battering ram.

2: McDonalds. Lots of McDonalds and Pizza rolls.

3: Spend an ungodly amount of time reading, and NOT GETTING ANYTHING ELSE DONE.

4: Get lonely, and sleep at my mom's. :) I'm not a fan of being home alone for extended periods of time at night. Daytime: OK.

5: Watch TV in the kitchen at night, because sitting in the lower level was that much closer to the basement, where that creepy stalker was hanging out waiting to attack me when I slept.

NatalieW October 23, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

1. Eat spinach, mushroom and garlic pizza for dinner every night.

2. Check every bathroom, bedroom, closet, under the bed, every space that a burglar could possibly be hiding in just waiting for me to go to bed before murdering me in my sleep.

3. Double-check spaces where burglars could hide.

4. Lock bedroom door.

5. If I made it through the night, rearrange all furniture. Hide Robert E. Lee print.

6. Watch Meg Ryan movies while going through husband's clothes. Throw away all old, ratty t-shirts or anything that looks old-mannish or nerdy.

Michelle October 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

1. Stay up way too late. =)
2. Take over his side of the bed with scrapbooking supplies and other projects that I can never get done while he is home.
3. DIY the house the way I want. (That way he can't whine about the mess).

Must admit I am a little jealous here. Now that my DH is officially a civilian I am missing those little trips here and there when I can just be "single" for a few days. =)

Princess of Ales October 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

1. Not leave the apartment. BeerMan is entirely too social for me, and that's saying something if you've ever met me.

2. Totino's Party Pizzas (that's right, dinner for $1)

3. Popcorn, ice cream, and tortilla chips.

4. Romantic movies

5. Getting up REALLY early.

6. Leaving the TV off for hours and hours and just reading. Mmmm. Silence.

historygirlie October 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Princess! Totino's Party Pizzas! I forgot about those! Such great cheapo pizzas.

I think I'm going to need to getmyself one the next time I'm in town. Yummy. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP