Monday, October 26, 2009

Turkey Day Decor

I've been trolling the web in search of Thanksgiving decoration ideas, and I'm clearly veering away from orange and pilgrims this year:

I love this simple napkin ring idea; you could put people's names on the paper and have them double as placecards, or come up with a nice Thanksgiving themed quote.
More Halloween-y than Thanksgiving-ish, but I love the concept...
Gray-blue? For Thanksgiving? I'm kind of lovin' it...
Again, muted tones and white pumpkins. Starting to sense a theme here.
Robin's egg blue? Again, if you added some browns and taupes and caramels, plus the white pumpkins, I think it could be a really modern Turkey day.

Cool tablecloth. The pop of red is also unexpected.

If I've learned anything about decorating, it's if you're going to stick with one color, you need lots of it. Hence, the large grouping of ivory candles and pumpkins.
Seriously - where am I going to find this many good looking mini white pumpkins?!?!

Oh Martha - you never fail to impress. Overturned pie plates, a few paper leaves, and some DIY pumpkin candle holders. I know I said I was avoiding orange, but the hanging lanterns are such a fun idea. Great color splash, and an easy way to add a chandelier for a special occasion dinner.

I've got just about a month to whittle down my ideas and amass supplies... you'll have to wait 'til then for the final results!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP