Friday, April 3, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

Now that we've entered the "t-minus two months" range to the wedding (50 days to be exact but who's counting?), it seems like every time I turn around, there's some other decision that needs to be made. Up until this point, I could hem and haw, and put off final decisions about little details - and even big items - until later. Time is a excuse luxury I no longer have.

So, today's choice? Packaging for the favors. I'm going to hold off on the exact item to keep a few guests in suspense, but the packaging for said item has been the DIY project of the week. After many revamps in the actual label design, we've finally settled on the sample pictured below:
The label will feature the ever-present cherry blossom stamp. Now the big to-do has been over the color of the boxes. The two shown above are our final choices - pink or brown. (Note: if those boxes look a little sketchy, it's because they are... they were templates I made up using scrap paper - the real ones will look less flimsy... hopefully.) So while the rest of the world worries about the housing market and keeping their job*, I'm debating pink or brown.

Pink box pluses: I {heart} pink; they'll show up more prominently when sitting on the dark brown table cloths.

Brown box pluses: NavyGuy hates pink; the pink ribbon looks really nice under the cream colored label.

Basically it comes down to, either going with what I want, or being a good fiance and sparing NavyGuy from more pink. Anyone want to throw a wrinkle in the decision? Am I forgetting a plus (or minus) to one of the two colors?Here's the boxes from the side view; the ribbon will loop around the box and be attached at the top underneath the label, thus hiding the seam.

*Yes, I'm 100% aware that box colors are utterly trivial when compared to people's homes and livelihoods. However, at the moment, I have a home and some semblance of employment, so I can devote energy to worrying about this. If you don't have a home or employment, and are bothered that I'm using MY time to worry about wedding favors, then I say to you - what the hell are you doing spending your house/job-hunting time perusing my silly blog!?!

5 comments:

Sevi April 3, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Love this disclaimer at the end. I go with brown box.

ebs handler April 4, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Hey, NavyGuy, let's do away with pink altogether and use an ivory, cutout heart ribbon on the brown box. Or...has anyone suggested half of the boxes pink, half brown?

historygirlie April 4, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

I'm all about the pink boxes. But I'm with you....I {heart} pink. :)

loretta April 4, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

The treats look great! I think you should go with the brown box.

Have fun! Congrats!

Amanda April 6, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

Love these both! Super cute! I love pink so I can't be a good judge, but pink is ALWAYS good :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP