Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ring Bearers and Breakables...?

I've never really dug the whole ring-bearer-pillow bit.  If the pillow is really lacy and girly, what the devil do you do with it after the wedding?  NavyGuy would die before he'd let me put the pillow on our bed, and honestly, the last thing we need is another piece of bedding stashed somewhere (how or why we have four rubbermaid totes full of pillows, sheets, and bedspreads is a question for another day...).  Yes, I could just store it with my other wedding memorabilia, but I knew I could do better than that...


So, where do I turn for all things unique and creative?  Why Etsy!

Paloma's Nest is the seller.  I ordered one of these little clay bowls to hold the rings, and I think the positives outweigh the negatives...

Downsides:
1. We have two ring bearers... and one bowl.  I'm already brainstorming something else we can shove in the "extra" boy's hands so there isn't a brawl before we go down the aisle about who gets to carry the bowl.
2. Bowl could be breakable if dropped (or thrown at brother), so the elder brother will definitely be carrying it, and I'll probably be holding my breath the entire time.

Upsides:
1. I love how simple and modern it looks.
2. Ours will be personalized with our wedding date and the words to our exchange of rings during the ceremony.
3. It's way more useable after the wedding - as a dish to hold your rings while you wash dishes, or even a wall hanging (note the useful holes near the top).

It's a risk I'm willing to take to avoid the flowery pillow.  Pray the boys are on their best behavior for thirty seconds down the aisle before they hand the bowl off to someone else... 

2 comments:

Princess of Ales April 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Yay Etsy! What a gorgeous bowl and a fun way to preserve memories of your wedding. Goodness knows I don't remember anything we said, AND it's something you can point to when you are arguing and say, "Look, mister. You promised x, y, and z!" Or, "Before you dig a deeper hole for yourself, read the bowl." Quirky and fabulous. Just like you guys.

keby April 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

I love the bowl! It's such a fabulous idea. I'm with Princess of Ales, I don't remember what I said, all I know is that I completely mangled the Hebrew. Oops.

Let's hope the boys are on their best behavior.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP