Monday, April 20, 2009

Taking the (Craft) Plunge

Jumping off the high dive today! I've admired Jen del Muro's blog for some time, and each Saturday she posts a "Sketch For You To Try." I've played around with them before, but I've never posted a card to her site... until now :)
Here's the sketch that was our inspiration:I had some Michael's dollar spot stamps sitting un-inked and needing some love, so I used a cupcake stamp, as well as a birthday sentiment, and my new favorite paper, Dill Blossom from SEI. Looking at it now, I realized that I omitted the dark gray horizontal piece, but I don't think that's a capital offense. My favorite part are the Stickles sparkle on the cupcake frosting:


And now, I must get back to work. I'm headed home to Wisconsin on Thursday for a MONTH so I have insane packing to do! However, it's absolutely gorgeous outside today, thus I'm determined to get some of my work done so I can fit in a little reading/backyard lounging time :)

9 comments:

Mary G. April 20, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Great card! Love the colors and especially how you did the layering on the sentiment!! What a fun sketch!!!

ebs handler April 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Cute card! Did you use the pattern tracer hole maker around the edge?

Tracy April 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

I love it! great job with the sketch! I love the sparkles too!

Ruth April 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Nice job with the challenge. I really need to get more involved in those. I love, love, LOVE the stickles on the cupcake.

Jacquel April 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Great card and love the sketch! tfs!!!

Wendy April 20, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Great job with the challenge! Cute card and great colors!!

Michelle April 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

ohhhhh..great card! i love your color choice ad the sketch is super! TFS!

Unknown April 21, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

wondeful card, I love it.

Susan (peebsmama) April 23, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

I like how you split the circle mat. Cool effect.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP