Sunday, April 12, 2009

I {heart} Target

I'm posting this a wee bit earlier than usual, because a) I'm way behind on posting since I was having a mini-vacation this week in Portland, b) the Target sale item of the week is likely time-sensitive, since they usually don't stock tons of these, and c) well, cuz I wanted to!
Hooray for fire!!! (Tee hee hee.) So, my cousin Yo-Yo gets all the credit for alerting me to the wonderfulness of this item. I have to admit that I may have teased her mercilessly been skeptical about the usefulness of an outdoor fire bowl. Yo-Yo got a similar one years ago and it wasn't until NavyGuy and I were registering for our wedding that we thought, hmmm... maybe Yo-Yo's on to something.

I mean, who doesn't want to be able to sit around a nice fire in their backyard on a cool summer evening? And don't even get me started on how you can make s'mores without having to sleep on the ground in a wet tent somewhere! So, mi madre got us the above fire bowl as a bridal shower gift, and now with the summer outdoors season swiftly approaching, the Target gods have decided that you all need even more incentive to have your own! The fire pit/bowl is on sale this week for $59.99!!! That's $20 off. (Which in my world means you can spend those $20 on s'mores supplies...)

Also - don't forget to hit up the Easter aisles at Target tomorrow - everything will be on major clearance and it's your last chance to stock up on Cadbury Eggs and Peeps until next year!

5 comments:

historygirlie April 13, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

I hate to say this, but target disappointed me this year...No cadbury mini eggs. the best candy EVAH. They didn't carry them this year. I even asked an associate.

Thank goodness Grammy found some at WalMart. easter was saved.

Chat soon? sounds good to me!

NavyGirl April 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Majorly agreed - I went today to scout the clearance aisles and our Target had half a row of crap! No candy at all - just a bunch of old paper plates! Argh!

Yo Yo,  April 13, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

Of course I was on to something! What could be better than sitting next to a campfire on a summer ngiht with smores and a couple of cold drinks in the comfort of your own backyard? If I ever get the chance to visit I'll provide smores!

ebs handler April 14, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

Yes, historygirlie, I too, made the Mecca trek TWICE looking for cadbury mini eggs and came away just short of suicidal! What's up with that?

ebs handler April 14, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

Yes, historygirlie, I too, made the Mecca trek TWICE looking for cadbury mini eggs and came away just short of suicidal! What's up with that?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP