Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Traditions

This is one of the first years that NavyGuy and I won't be home for Easter. I can't speak for him, but I'm only about 72% sad by this turn of events. Obviously I love my family and all of our Easter festivities; dying eggs, eating a nice ham, trying to pry the jello eggs out of their molds, being the last person to find my Easter basket - that kind of happy fun. But the other 28% of me is kind of excited by the fact that NavyGuy and I are going to spend this Easter with each other, and in turn, make some new traditions. We'll always have both of our families, but with our wedding... er, marriage... about a month and a half away, it's cool to have this chance to start being each other's family.
So, we'll be spending this Easter in Portland with my college roomie Miss A and her hubby (click here if you want the backstory of how she's responsible for NavyGuy and I). I have no clue what we're going to do yet, but I expect there will be lots of pictures, lots of laughs, and LOTS of beer!

The card above uses a dollar stamp from Michaels, Martha Stewart spring patterned paper, and yellow eyelets from an assortment pack. I just colored in the bunny with some colored pencils, and attached it with some foam to make it pop off the card a bit.

4 comments:

sister,  April 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Portland with Miss A?!?! Fun! Have a great time, and make sure to get lost in Powell's at LEAST once. (That place is amazing!)

Brooklet April 7, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Have I mentioned that I want your bunny stamps? :-)

Nikki Cogg April 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

Thank you so much for the sweet comment!! I am a cherry blossom/pussywillow branch freak! Haha. I love your easter card!! Very cute :)

Nikki Cogg April 7, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Ohhh it's coming up!!! Congratulations!! I'm sure it will be a gorgeous wedding, isn't planning fun? :) Best wishes to you both!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP