Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Craft Blog Love

Found a new craft blog that I had to share for my crafty readers out there: Clean and Simple Stamping. (It can also be found in my blogroll.)

These girls get it. They describe "clean and simple stamping" as consisting of three things:

1. clean design and balance
2. quick to produce
3. wow factor

Isn't that what we're all looking for when it comes to making cards? I made three cards today in less than an hour - that might be a new record. The girls provide sketches, tips, tricks, hints, and samples of cards that are straightforward, creative, simple, and beautiful! I am so inspired by their ideas, and it's just the kick in the pants that my crafting needed; I've been bogged down as of late with wedding designs (which consist of pink, brown, cream, and/or cherry blossoms...), so my creative mojo was suffering. Consider my mojo revived!

Each of these cards was inspired by one of their layout sketches:

Fall-To Layout #24Hooray for $1 bin stamps at Michaels! Fall-To Layout #34The bunny is colored with basic colored pencils that coordinated with the paper colors.

Happy (early) Easter my peeps!

For my fellow stampers or paper crafters, you absolutely must check out this blog!

5 comments:

Jacquel April 1, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

Nice cards and I like all the sketches you used....great work!!!

Melody April 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Great cards. Thanks for the link to the site. I like the sketches.

Susan (peebsmama) April 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

I love the CAS blog too. How terrific that you were able to find three sketches and make three adorable cards.

Brooklet April 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

I want those bunny stamps! Seriously. (I also want your crafting ability.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP