Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Workin' My Inner Model

NavyGuy - go away.

Seriously.


I love you, but this post contains photos of the hair and makeup beautiful-ness to come on wedding day, and if you look at the pics ahead of time, it won't be as exciting to see me all dazzled up with real makeup and a hairdo not based around a Goody rubber band on the actual wedding day.


Seriously.

I will know if you peek. I'm a teacher, and I have teacher senses in my blood; eyes on the back of my head don't begin to describe it.


Last chance buddy boy!


So here it is kids... the look I will be rockin' down the aisle...


Nice, right?!?! I love how it accentuates my large forehead. I think the ringlets are very vintage, but also modern.

Um, yeah, you can stop gagging now. :) That's the in-process shot. (But I did giggle for two days straight after showing NavyGuy that photo and watching him try and not show a look of horror on his face... he's such a good man - he covered very well and said it looked "so pretty." Ha!)
Alright, here's the real thing. Side sweep with the pseudo bangs, low ball of curls with some peeking around the side of my head so I don't look bald. The photo above shows my bling hair comb. First, I tried it on top of my head.

Here's the view from the back, and obviously, the hair comb has been reassigned. I like how it frames the back of my head, but it didn't stay very well, and it pushed the hair ball down a bit...

The veil is very simple so as not to compete with the fabulousness of my dress.

Lord above, I really am a ham.

So, thoughts? I had originally felt very confident with the hair comb in the back (I'm not an outright bling kinda gal), but now I'm doubting my selection and thinking it maybe does need to go up front. The makeup stayed fairly well throughout the day (she sprayed my entire face with some magic goop called "Model in a Bottle" which is supposed to set your makeup), but I may ask my stylist girl to pump up the eyes a little more, cuz I'm not sure they "pop" quite enough. Whatda' we think?

6 comments:

Anonymous,  April 21, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Love the hair. Love the veil. Definitely needs more eye makeup though. I think you might get drowned out in the professional photos otherwise. And you'd rather start with more makeup so as the day wears on you still look fabulous.

Not sure about the comb placement....It's kind of a bummer to have it hidden by the veil. Bring it along to MN and we can do some mock do's.

Good luck packing and SEE YOU SOON!

Love, TWP and FG (still with fever!)

historygirlie April 21, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

I agree with TWP.....in all ways.

#1: Comb....too pretty to be hidden by veil....but don't ask the short haired girl about where to place it.

#2: Yes. More eyes. On your wedding day you are allowed to look like Fran the Nanny (remember the Nanny?)

YOU ARE HOME IN TWO DAYS!!!!

~HG

sister,  April 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

Not to be unoriginal, but my thoughts (even before reading the comments) are exactly what TWP and HistorieGirlie think: don't hide the comb. Show your bling sis!

Princess of Ales April 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Ditto everything. You look very Audrey Hepburn with the side combed look. You bombshell! MUAH.

historygirlie April 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

How funny is this....your four friends are all in agreement....does this remind anyone else of a scene from Steel Magnolias?

Picture it....Mugs in the chair, the rest of us standing around with very thoughtful looks, squinting at either Mugs' eye makeup or hairdo...one hip popped, pointing with one hand while the other is either on the chin or hip. Mugs just looking around at us while we study her bridal look with severe seriousness. :)

Ok...is the vision only with me?

Ok...I'll go back to my own imaginary land. :)

Anonymous,  April 21, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

History Girlie,

I'm sipping a sweet tea as I nod in argeement with you : )

TWP

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP