Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Update

~ While driving home on Saturday afternoon, NavyGuy and I saved a puppy! As we drove past a wooded hill in our neighborhood, we saw a small white dog come barreling out of the woods and down the hill. The dog had a collar and harness on, so we at first thought that perhaps its owners were taking a hike through the woods and had simply let the dog run free for a bit. But the dog was wandering around and seemed confused, so I hopped out of the car and tried to get the dog to come to me.

At the same time, Marine #1 happened to be driving home as well, so he stopped and pulled over. Next thing I knew, three neighbors were on the hunt, and NavyGuy and Marine #1 had gone traipsing into the woods, trying to track down the wayward pooch. I was chatting with one of the other neighbors standing out on the road, and she mentioned there was not only a mineshaft back in the woods, but also a coyote den! How terrible if we didn't rescue this tiny pup!

Luckily, Marine #1 managed to nab the pup, and just as we were phoning the number on her tags (her name was Lily), her owner pulled up next to us. The owner was an old man on a motorcycle, and Lily almost tore my arm off trying to jump into his lap! Carrying Lily, I followed her back up the hill to his house, where his grateful wife met me at the end of the driveway. Apparently, Lily is quite the little whippersnapper and this was not the first time she'd run off... NavyGuy, Marine #1, and I went home, feeling like we'd done our good for the day :)

~ NavyGuy broke his computer. I'm not going to even try to explain the debacle, except to say it involved NavyGuy, something called a driver, one faulty media card, and many, many expletives. The office was a very dangerous place for several hours this afternoon; I tried to share the space and do a little crafting, but once he started throwing tools, I hightailed it out of there.

~ Grocery shopping as an adult is boring. As a kid it's all, oooo, which cereal are we going to get, and oooo, maybe if I don't bother mom too much she'll get me a Reese's Peanut Butter cups when we get to the check-out line. As an adult, the only fun and gamesmanship comes in trying to stay under a set amount of money - which if you don't win, is really a kick in the patooty. (By the by, I did not win the game today... toilet paper and frozen garlic bread put me over my mark.)

~ I did however sort of tie win a game of Rummikub with NavyGuy tonight. I love board games. Some say I'm a less than gracious loser; I say I can't help being much better as the winner!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP