Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Portland "Mini-Cation" Recap

Now that I've gotten a few more things crossed off the wedding list, I can go back and show you the fun we had this weekend in Portland! NavyGuy and I crashed with my college roomie Miss A and her husband (BeerMan), and they did a great job of showing off their favorite city :)

Friday night was pretty casual - I slept in the car on the ride down and NavyGuy shouted at other drivers who were not performing up to his exacting driving standards. We met up at the brewery where BeerMan is the head brewer; pizza, organic beer, and reminiscing made the night fly by. Miss A, NavyGuy, and I headed back to their apartment where we were joyfully greated by their two kittens. (I'm saving the stories of those two cuties until after I get the photos from Miss A.)

Saturday was our big Portland day. Miss A and I left NavyGuy and BeerMan to occupy themselves (lord, what were we thinking), while we headed to a cool shopping district. First up though - provisions!Our breakfast was a ham, thyme, and gruyerre croissant and coffee/hot cocoa at Ken's Artisan Bakery - oh so buttery and delicious. A fabulous way to start our expedition...

Let the shopping begin! We strolled 23rd Ave (Nob Hill District) and peeked into many cute shops; lots of handmade jewelry, bags, shoes, bohemian clothes, and gifts. A surprise Paper Source store caused a bit of a riot on my part, and Miss A indulged my crafty side for a while.
My favorite purchase was at the store pictured above - beautiful sandals with a metallic flower (now it just needs to warm up enough so I can wear them!)
Before meeting up with the men, we poked in a heavenly little chocolate shop: Moonstruck Chocolatier. The chocolate-y aroma flew into my nose and I was helpless to resist. Miss A and I left with the above box of goodies - my favorites were the little lady bugs!

Stay tuned! Next up we meet the boys and do monumental damage at Powell's Books...

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP